What our customers are saying
- Great food We visited while on holiday, although busy the service was great and food came quickly. The mixed starter was a perfect taster of Thai food,I had the red curry,it was really tasty,the pad Thai was also lovely.good value meal,if back in the area we will definitely visit againlouiserZ4733LR8/21/2020Terrific food, efficient + friendly On spec, we tried to get a table on a very busy Monday evening.
They were very accommodating, and it was worth it: excellent selection for mild and fiery palates – the sweet + sour starter and cook’s recommendation were both utterly delicious, and the ambience hits just the right note.Jon M9/14/2020
- Top Thai. Excellent. We went last night for dinner and we can’t praise enough all staff and management. They made our birthday experience enjoyable. Our food was cooked to perfection, very well presented and service was attentive and very polite. They cater for people with gluten intolerance. We will definetely be coming back and I would recommend to everyone. Thank you Siam!Strombolito4/08/2018Amazing food and service Visited during a staycation in North Devon. In the current circumstances we are always cautious about being compliant and safe when eating out and we could not fault this establishment at all. Clean, spacious and well organised and the food was amazing. Wishing you every success for the precarious months ahead and for your future.335clairea9/24/2020Good food very welcoming. Went their for lunch, had a coffee while waiting, as I drink it black I like the coffee smooth with no bitter aftertaste and there coffee was great. The choice of food was large with either English or siam/asian. Looking around the restaurant both were popular. I certainly enjoyed mine as did my wife. Judging by the amount of people the host knew by name it does a lot of repeat business which just shows how good it is.Recommend it to all.871clintonn12/30/2015
- Food was amazing, some great recommendations to start. However as they got bust staff kept changing so no consistency. But deffinetly worth a visit.Paul place6/23/2023You must eat here! Amazing food, great atmosphere and freshly staff. I am vege and my partner loves meat but the menu accommodates for both! Very reasonably priced tooMangochica8/31/2017
- Lovely lunch Really nice meal. Friendly service. Nice choice of freshly cooked ingredients and a nice atmosphere. I would recommendShrubbin1/15/2019First Visit This was our first visit to this recently opened restaurant and we were absolutely delighted with the welcome, service and quality of the food.
We understand that the produce is all locally sourced and it was really excellent. The atmosphere was very pleasant and we would wholeheartedly recommend The Siam Bistro to anyone seeking a good meal and value for money.Walter W9/02/2015
- Great food, great service Visited for the first time with our friend who lives nearby. Lovely welcome. Great food and service, couldn’t have asked for more.Robretired20199/20/2019Lunch time visit This was the first time I had eaten here. The lunch time menu is varied and reasonable in price. I had the thai green beef curry. It was beautifully presented and tasty. Some might find it too hot but it does not leave you with heart burn afterwards. The pudding I had was very different but absolutely delicious. Fried ice cream. It had a doughnut outer hard shell with the ice cream inside this was placed on a small bed of golden syrup. I poured the syrup over the top. I will certainly have this again !!! The staff are very attentive and friendly. This is only a small restaurant and we did have to wait a little while for food to come but there were 10 of us. So I would suggest for patience as when your meal arrives its worth every penny you spend. I look forward to my next visit.Anne T6/03/2016
- Best Pad Thia we’ve eaten in the Uk.. We had a lovely meal this evening. All the staff were very pleasant and helpful and the food was fantastic. Having spent alot of time in Thialand you can tell that the food was cooked from fresh and tasted lovely… we will definitely be back before the end of the holiday…Anthony P3/15/2016Delightful place The food here is so delicious. Unusual mouth-watering flavours for both main courses and desserts. Excellent friendly service.paulaopnew5/25/2017Authentic Great place the main dishes were fab ,always hard to do a good desert in an Asian restaurant. Staff were alright and left you alone it seemed expensive considering it’s not in croyde the prices for locals in the village on basic wage must find it astronomical. I have been job hunting and see the low wages.Scottishsurfer5/12/2019
- Consistently great food and atmosphere If you are looking for a great Thai restaurant with super service then look no further. Siam Bistro is consistently top class for both food and ambience.AndyD199/14/2023GREAT FOOD The Bistro has recently had a re-fit, looks fine (not huge). I and some of my family had a take-away (first time here). We chose a selection of meals to mix and match between us (4). Thai food (and Indian food) is enjoyed by all of us present often this particular evening so we had some idea of what we were getting. The time to collect was spot on, the different dishes were all ‘first class’ well cooked and authentic. On the list to do it again. 10 out of 10.808MichaelS8083/12/2017
- Food was really delicious and the service was great, especially when a member of our party ordered something that was too hot for him and when the staff realised they sorted an alternative meal that he really enjoyed. Definitely recommend.Markus Hunt3/30/2023
- We’ve struggled to find great places to eat in this part of Devon but Siam Bistro was fab and would definitely recommend. After a busy day of surfing we grabbed a walk-in table at 5pm for an early dinner. My son ate the lot!Alexandra Elliott6/07/2023Superb Perfect service, beautiful food (especially Tom Ka soup)…really recommend you to try 👌🏼 5stars restaurantTereza N8/17/2018Amazing food and service Visited during a staycation in North Devon. In the current circumstances we are always cautious about being compliant and safe when eating out and we could not fault this establishment at all. Clean, spacious and well organised and the food was amazing. Wishing you every success for the precarious months ahead and for your future.Claire A9/24/2020
- well this place what can i say We got a take away from here and the food was amazing , we has the ribs they are very very tasty – the masaman dish beef was very tasty and the rest of it was just amazing , spent about 50 quid and got a few dishes to last the evening at home watching Tv and picking on – we had a very nice experience from here and if we was to ever visit again we deffo would go back…danP187510/08/2017A bit bland We choose the prawns and chicken satay to start both goodWe then had green curry this in my option was week in taste and wateryThe sirloin beef stir fry was well cooked but no heat in the dishThe chicken in ginger was goodEgg fried rice was finePad Thai was pink never had that before and was a bit over cookedStaff were very nice and maybe if you are eating in would be better .my overall issue was the lack of heat even in two dishes that should be hotEdward H6/23/2019
- Dinner with Son Saw this on trip advisor and decided to give it a try, walked past on the Friday night almost empty which was a bit worrying. Kept faith and went back on Saturday night and glad we did. Staff were excellent very helpful and eager to give advice. The food was really good, very authentic and lots of it we will be going back again.Iain M11/17/2016Absolutely Amazing. Food was so delicious and flavourful. Staff were so nice and helpful. The restaurant building is also very nice.Oliver Carr8/24/2023Fabulous Thai Food In North Devon We were staying with our friends and six dogs in nearby Saunton and did not want to leave the dogs in our rented accommodation. We love the local Chippy but wanted a change. We ordered a take away. And, we were blown away….lovely satay and bitesize spring rolls followed by beautiful green and red curry. I was so impressed that it all came in recyclable or compostable packaging. So good we had another take away a couple of days later……and once again great food, absolutely no complaints.639janicee10/23/2019
- Delicious and highly recommend We visited just before Christmas for a well needed evening out without kids. It was lovely and festive and the food was delicious. I haven’t been able to stop having cravings for the Tom yum soup ever since. We were enjoying ourselves so much we didn’t realise we were the last ones there soApologies for keeping you late. Looking forward to visiting again soon.Everything was great,Thank youhazybearlu1/18/2022Work do! I love my Thai food and have been to Thailand 4 times. This place does a great selection of food and taste great. It doesn’t feel very Thai but the food does make up for it!
The prices are a little high but nothing too moan about.Simonbully8/09/2017Decided to give this restaurant a try after hearing a lot of good reviews from the locals. Took the other half here for a birthday treat and can confirm that the reviews are correct. Absolutely fabulous meal. Everything was freshly cooked to order. Service was very good. Attentive staff but not too in your face. Will definitely come again now we have discovered it!Paula Cottrell9/06/2017
- Near Perfect Staff are really polite and the prices aren’t too bad. The decor is stunning though toilet is basic and the flush button was broken. However the food was delicious, though my duck was a little overcooked! Nevertheless this is a place worth visitingtawl15046/20/2019Very impressed A great selection of dishes, delicately flavoured to our taste. Lovely atmosphere, service was very good. I expect there will be a great demand for this restaurant once they have marketed it. A gem in one of our favourite holiday destinations – we will return!CAB2868/04/2015
- Dennis Lanchbury8/23/2019Worth a visit My wife and I had a takeaway the other night. The food was really good, we both had curries which were very tasty. The Pad Thai was also very nice and tasted much better than the appearance. I’d definitely recommend trying this place out if you’re staying locally. It’s not a good a our favourite Thai in London but very good for being in a small town in Devon.GGM_1488/07/2017
- Good ruined by service On arrival we brought a surprise birthday cake for our family member. The staff were kind enough to put it behind the bar for after the meal. 10 minutes after this, the manager came over to inform us that the cake couldn’t be presented due to it being homemade and the risk of allergies. This was a chocolate fudge cake in sealed containers and may we add this restaurant serves nuts in many dishes. The food was average but nothing special. Throughout the evening 2 glasses smashed on separate tables. Several waiters were aware of this but failed to clean it up despite continuous attempts to make them aware. At the end of the evening, the manager changed his mind and said we can have the cake. They were aware that it was a surprise, however brought the plates out first with no cake, ruining the surprise. It then took 15 minutes to wait for the cake whilst staring at the staff members talking amongst themselves. It’s fair to say the evening was ruined from this and we won’t be coming back.Megan S10/06/2023Perfect takeaway. Ordered a takeaway for the wife and I. 1 Mixed starter and 2 mains ready on time. Pleasant, efficient and knowledgable staff who informed me that the food was all sourced locally and freshly prepared to order and it tasted like it too. Fantastic food full of flavour which puts some others locally to shame. Can’t wait to go there to eat in! Nice vibe inside. Well done. Phone number saved!begazzz11/21/2015Amazing food, very welcoming Visited as a party of 10 with 2 kids after a last minute booking for our last night in the area. Very welcoming atmosphere and super accommodating of the two kids – helping us to pick appropriate meal choices for them etc. Food was amazing – sharing platters and mains all went down very well, even the fussy kids loved it. Would highly recommend and will be returning when I’m back down South.HannahV1805/31/2019